As a vegetarian, you just can’t have enough salad recipes. It’s a staple of the diet, but it doesn’t have to just be a bland mixture lettuce and ranch dressing. Nope, today we’ve got a great recipe from Allrecipes.com for a salad that includes both strawberries and feta cheese. Plus, it serves around 10 individuals, so you can mix this up and be ready for a handy little party with friends or family. Doesn’t every deserve a flavorful salad?
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook the almonds in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir them frequently as you cook. Once they are lightly toasted, take them off the burner and set them to the side for later.
- Take a bowl and whisk together the garlic, honey, Dijon mustard, raspberry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil. Make sure they’re nice and mixed, the place to the side for the final step.
- Get another bowl, this one large enough for the full salad, and toss together the lettuce, strawberries, feta cheese and the almonds from step one. Add the dressing to taste and toss it together. Swerve and enjoy!