With the millions of mashed potatoes recipes out there how can you hope to find something original to feed your guests? Try this scallion or green onion infused potato recipe. It’s sure to be a hit!
- 3 Pounds Russet or Idahoan Potatoes, peel and cut into chunks
- 1 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Scallions, finely chopped
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
- Add the potatoes to a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- In a saucepan over medium heat bring the milk and onions to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Lightly mash the potatoes together, then add the milk and onion and mash to desired consistency. Add in butter, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!