This recipe is similar to a risotto only it uses small pasta instead of rice!
- 32 Oz. Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme, finely chopped
- 3/4 Pound Pastina or Riso
- 1 Cup Pumpkin
- 1 Cup Smoked Tofu, drained and cubed
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- In a medium saucepan, bring the vegetable broth to a simmer.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat then add the onion and cook 2-3 minutes; add in the thyme and 2 cups of broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add in the pasta, stir well and reduce the heat to low. Once all the liquid is absorbed, add in the broth 1/2 cup at a time. Be sure all the liquid is absorbed between each addition. Stir constantly.
- Add in the squash and tofu, stir well then add the cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve and enjoy!