Hearty and perfect for any dinner requiring it, this mushroom gravy is bursting with flavor. To get even more out of it use a homemade mushroom stock!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 Pound Button Mushrooms
- 1/4 Pound Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Cup Plain Rice Milk
- 1 Cup Mushroom Broth
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- Head half the oil in a sauce pan, add the mushrooms and saute for five minutes.
- Stir in the flour and remaining oil, reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in rice milk, broth, salt and pepper and simmer for 15 minutes, whisking often until thickened.