Granola can be made with any combination of fruits and nuts. Consider changing out everything from the sunflower seeds to the vanilla extract. Dried fruits can be added as well. You can also add 1/4 Cup of wheat germ if desired.
- 4 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Syrup (Made from 1/2 Cup Brown sugar and 2 Tablespoons water)
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 3/4 Cups Raisins
- 1/2 Cup Pecans
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 300?F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, sunflower seeds, flour, salt, and pecans.
- In a small bowl mix the syrup, canola oil, and vanilla then pour into the large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Spread granola in a shallow baking pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add raisins. Stir with a spoon and return to oven. Bake for another 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the granola cool. Break apart and store.