Need an extra side to round out your meal? This cucumber salad recipe is a great, fresh addition to any meal. Quick and easy to put together in minutes, it’ll provide that fresh, crisp kick to any meal. The sweet and light dressing compliments the refreshing crunch of the cucumbers and onions, while the salt brings out delicate flavors, adding a savory touch.
- 4 medium cucumbers
- 1 medium red onion – thinly sliced
- 1.5 tablespoons salt
- 1.5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill –finely chopped
- Slice and seed cucumbers and place into a colander. Add onion and salt. Mix together and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Add white wine vinegar and sugar to a small bowl. Add dill and whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Rinse cucumbers and onions under cold water until most of the salt comes off. Gently squeeze the water out by hand. Pour into medium serving bowl. Add dressing and toss lightly. This can be served immediately, or can sit and marinate for an additional 20 minutes for a deeper flavor.