This gluten free, biscuits and gravy, gravy recipe is delicious and filling. Made with chickpeas and gluten-free flours it’s a hearty cover for gluten free biscuits!
- 1 15oz Can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/2 Teaspoons Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Poultry Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Pinch Cayenne
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Cup Potato Starch
- 1/4 Cup Chickpea Flour
- 4 Cups Milk, warmed
- In a food processor pulse the chickpeas, paprika, poultry seasoning, onion powder, salt, pepper and cayenne about 8 times or until crumbly.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, heat the oil and add the chickpea mixture; saute for 3-5 minutes then transfer to a plate.
- Add the butter and melt, then whisk in the potato starch and chickpea flour; cook for 1-2 minutes then gradually whisk in the milk. Cook until thickened, whisking constantly, about 3-5 minutes, then stir in the chickpea mixture.
- Serve over biscuits or with your favorite meal!