Pasta dishes are many and varied but none fill the heart and stomach like those full of hearty vegetables. Full of zucchini and deliciously sweet cherry tomatoes, this is a pasta dish that you are sure to love.
- 8 Oz. Farfalle or Bowtie Pasta
- 1/2 Pound Vegetarian Breakfast Sausage
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Zucchini, halved and sliced
- 15 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Broth
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup Basil, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to boiling and add the pasta. Cook according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat until browned; break up any big pieces as it cooks. Add the onion and saute until softened.
- Lower the heat to medium and add the zucchini, tomatoes, and vegetable stock. Cook for 10 minutes, until zucchini is slightly soft and stock is slightly reduced.
- Add cream and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and simmer 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Put the pasta in a large serving bowl and pour the sauce over the top. Toss to combine. Stir in basil and parmesan. Serve hot!