This salad is deliciously filling. The feta cheese adds tang to the otherwise sweet salad and dressing. It can be eaten as a light meal or split up into a pre-dinner salad. For a little extra crunch try adding some walnuts or pecans! Try it on a warm summer day!
- 2 Cups Cooked Wild Rice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Apricot Nectar
- 2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Apricots, pitted and wedged
- 1/2 Fennel Bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 3/4 Cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley
- In a blender, pulse together the nectar, vinegar, mustard, garlic and salt until combined then slowly stream in the olive oil while pureeing to create an emulsion.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice and dressing tossing to make sure that each piece of rice is well covered in dressing.
- Stir in the apricot slices, fennel slices, and parsley. Serve and top with feta cheese.