This fudge recipe, while not super healthy, allows those who have pursued the Vegetarian or Vegan lifestyle to enjoy a lovely, luscious fudge. Easy to make, you can avoid the hassle of boiling sugar and trying to read a candy thermometer with this double boiler method. A double boiler is a similar to steaming. Place a pot of water on your stove and then place either a mixing bowl on top of it. The steam from the water will rise up and heat the bottom of the bowl, melting the contents and making them easy to stir!
- 6 Tablespoons Vegan butter
- 1 Pound Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Soy or Almond Milk, plain flavor
- 1 Cup finely chopped nuts, if desired
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Set up your double boiler and heat water over medium high heat until simmering.
- Add the butter, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and milk, stir constantly until smooth.
- Add nuts, if desired, and pour the mixture quickly into the prepared pan. Allow to cool.