The bright, bold colors in this salad echo the warmth of the summer sun necessary to get these ingredients to grow and flourish in any garden! Enjoy the tastes of summer with this delicious salad!
- 2 Golden Beets, trimmed
- 1 Cup Chickpeas, cooked
- 1 Cup Golden Tomatoes
- 3 Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 2 Cups Sweet Corn Kernels
- 2 Yellow Squash, quartered and cut into 1/2 Inch Pieces
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Head Romaine Lettuce, coarsely chopped
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the beets and cover with water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 20 minutes; until beets are fork tender.
- Add half of the chickpeas to a large bowl and crush with a potato masher. Stir in the remaining chickpeas, tomatoes and onions. Set Aside,
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat one tablespoon of the oil. Add squash and corn and saute for five minutes or until squash is crisp-tender. Add to chickpea mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining olive oil, lemon juice and olive oil until combined and no large droplets of oil remain. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the beets, rinse under cold water, then drain again. Peel and dice then add to the chickpea mixture; add the lettuce and toss to combine.
- Drizzle with the dressing and lightly toss till all pieces are coated.
- Serve and Enjoy.