Delicious by itself or over a creamy frozen treat like ice cream, this summer special can be made any time of year thanks to frozen fruits! This recipe is a slow cooker version that will cook all afternoon and be ready for those warm summer evenings!
- 3 Cups Pineapple, chunked
- 2 Pears, peeled, cored and chunked
- 2 Cups Frozen Peaches, sliced
- 1 Cup Frozen Cherries
- 3/4 Cup Dried Apricots, quartered
- 2/3 Cup Frozen Orange Juice Concetrate, thawed
- 1 Tablespoon Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds
- In a slow cooker on high heat combine the pineapple, pears, peaches, cherries, apricots, orange juice, brown sugar and vanilla. Cook for 3.5 hours.
- Uncover and remove 2 tablespoons of the liquid. Combine this with the cornstarch in a small bowl then return to the slow cooker and stir to combine . Cook 15 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with almonds, serve and enjoy!