Strawberries and spinach are some of the first crops to become available in the garden. This delicious salad highlights this peppery plant and delicious fruit. While adult leaves can certainly be used, for even better flavor try using baby spinach leaves!
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach, torn
- 1 1/2 Cups Strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Coconut “Bacon”
- 1/2 Cup Honey or Sugar Roasted Almonds, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Poppy Seeds
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Pinch of Paprika
- In a large bowl, combine spinach and strawberries.
- Crumble “bacon” and sprinkle over the spinach and strawberries with the almonds.
- In a blender, prepared the dressing by combining the red wine vinegar, sugar, worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds and paprika. Pulse to combine then slowly stream in the olive oil while pureeing. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle over the salad and lightly toss.
- Serve cold on chilled plates