The New Year calls for new flavors and these delicious tacos have a unique blend of vegetables that is sure to thrill and delight! The level of kick from the pepper and chile powder can be adjusted to your tastes.
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 Portobello Mushrooms Caps, sliced
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Chile powder
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Shelled Edamame
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup Silken Tofu
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Avocado, pitted and peeled
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 425F and lightly grease a baking sheet with the olive oil. Bring a small pot of water to boiling.
- In a large bowl combine the mushroom, squash, onion, and bell pepper. Sprinkle with the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano and pepper flakes and toss to combine; make sure everything is evenly coated.
- Spread out on to the baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Add the edamame to the pot of boiling water, reduce heat to medium-high and cook for five minutes. Drain, rinse with cool water and add to a food processor with the garlic, tofu, cilantro, lime juice, salt and 1 tablespoon of water. Pulse until smooth then add avocado and pulse until combined.
- Heat tortillas and then divide between four plates, top with a portion of vegetables and sauce. Serve and enjoy!