These delicious drops are completely gluten free; they don’t even have oatmeal in them!
“Oatmeal” Raisin Bites Recipe
- 1 Cup Raisins
- 1/2 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1/2 Cup White Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 Cup Cornmeal
- 2 Tablespoons Flaxseed
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Egg Replacer + 2 Teaspoons Water, whisked together
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Cup Walnuts or Pecans, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350?F and grease two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Add the raisins to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand five minutes then drain.
- In a large bowl combine the rice flours, tapioca flour, cornmeal, flaxseed, xanthan gum, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a medium bowl beat together the sugar, oil and egg replacer mixture until creamy.
- Alternating additions, beat one cup of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, followed by 1/4 cup of applesauce until both are gone.
- Stir in nuts, almonds and raisins.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the baking sheets and bake for 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack and cool.