Need a little pick-me-up in your fudge? This recipe adds instant espresso which gives it that special caffeinated kick.
- 4 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 12oz Can Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 16oz Milk Chocolate, chopped
- 12oz Semisweet Chocolate, in pieces or chopped
- 1 7oz Jar Marshmallow Creme
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Instant Espresso Powder or Instant Coffee Crystals
- Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans (opt)
- Line a 13 x 9 baking pan with foil, grease with butter and set aside.
- Take a large, heavy saucepan and butter the sides; combine the sugar, evaporated milk and salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat; stir constantly. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, for ten minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the chocolate pieces and marshmallow creme as well as the vanilla and instant coffee or espresso.
- Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is combined then, using a wooden spoon, briskly beat until mixture is thickened.
- Pour into the prepared pan and shake slightly till the fudge is spread into the edges of the pan, top with espresso beans if desired; cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Remove foil from the pan and cut fudge into squares. Serve and enjoy!