Rather than use a marinara sauce, this pizza utilizes a delicious sweet corn pesto topped with tomatoes, chunks of gooey mozzarella and basil!
- 1 lb. Store Bought Pizza Dough
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Corn Kernels
- 1/2 oz Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4-6 oz. Mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil leaves
- Allow the dough to set, in the package, at room temperature for four hours.
- In a food processor, puree the corn, parmesan cheese, two tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of salt until smooth.
- Use the remaining oil to grease a baking sheet or pizza pan. Place the dough on the pan and stretch into a even thickness being sure to turn and coat both sides with oil. Let rest for one hour then restretch.
- Heat grill to medium then season the dough with salt and grill 5-6 minutes, checking frequently; bottom should be charred but not burned.
- Flip the dough and spread corn mixture over the top, then top with tomato slices and mozzarella. Return to grill and cook about 5-6 minutes or until mozzarella is melted. Top with basil, serve and enjoy!