This twist on classic grilled cheese is sure to become a favorite among kids of all ages. Creamy guacamole brings a new flare to the party and kicks these sandwiches up from kid food to classy.
Grilled Cheese and Guacamole Sandwiches
- 1 Avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Red Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lime Juice
- Hot Sauce to Taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil Baking Spray
- 1 Teaspoon Unsalted Butter
- 8 Slices Bread
- 2 Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 Slices havarti, cheddar or fontina cheese
- In a medium bowl combine the avocado, onion, lime juice, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Mash it all together with a fork until mostly smooth and creamy. Adjust to taste.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread and spread guacamole on the other side. Place two slices butter side down in a greased skillet, top with cheese and avocado then add two slices on top; butter side up. Cook for four minutes on each side then remove from heat and repeat with remaining sandwiches.