Avoid the hassle of buns by using corn tortillas as this recipe calls for!
Gluten-Free Veggie Burgers Recipe
- 1 Cup Textured Vegetable Protein
- 1/2 oz. Dulse, rinse and finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flaxseed
- 1/4 Cup Ketchup
- 4 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 8 6inch Corn Tortillas
- Add the tvp (textured vegetable protein) and dulse to a bowl with one cup boiling of water and set aside. In another combine the flaxseed and 2 tablespoons hot water and let stand for five minutes.
- Stir the flaxseed into the TVP, then add the ketchup, cornstarch and mustard and combine.
- Divide into four patties.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat and fry for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve using the corn tortillas as a bun and top your patties with lettuce, tomatoes and other condiments.