Figs and goat cheese have been paired together for centuries and make a spectacular combination is this yummy pasta dish. Use pecans in place of walnuts if necessary!
- 2 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1 Whole Rosemary Sprig
- 2 Pound Gemelli Pasta
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoon Flour
- 2 4oz Logs of Goat Cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Dried Figs, sliced
- 1 Cup Walnuts or Pecans, toasted and chopped
- Heat milk and rosemary in a small sauce pan over medium heat while covered for 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat and remove rosemary. Set aside.
- Heat a large pot full of salted water to boiling and add the pasta. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a large saucepot over medium heat, melt the butter. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk for two minutes. Pour in milk and whisk until the mixture comes to a boil. Simmer for three minutes until thickened.
- Crumble goat cheese and add to mixture in small additions, stirring until melted. Add salt, figs and walnuts.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta and sauce and toss to coat. Serve immediately!