This salad is easy to make but comes with big, bold Southwestern flavors! It avoids rice and is, instead, a pasta salad that will fill you up and bring the fiesta to your mouth!
- 2 Cups Uncooked Penne Pasta
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Corn Kernels
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/3 Cup Salsa
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Cilantro, snipped
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 15oz Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 Medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Zucchini, chopped
- 1/3 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling then add the pasta and cook according to the package directions. Five minutes before the pasta is finished add the corn. Drain, rinse and drain again then set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the sour cream, salsa, cilantro and lime juice; set aside.
- Add the pasta, black beans, tomatoes, zucchini and cheddar cheese to a large bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!