A firm eggplant, such as a regular purple or a white, is best for this recipe. Remember to peel white eggplants as the skin can be quite tough; if you don’t want to peel an eggplant opt for a baby purple eggplant or a Japanese eggplant.
- 1/2 Cup Packed Cilantro, rough chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Ginger, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 Eggplant, cut into 1 inch rounds and then quartered
- 2 Yellow Bell Peppers, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 Red Onion, halved and cut into 16 wedges
- 2 Zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 4 Whole Wheat Pita Rounds
- In a food processor, pulse the cilantro, ginger, garlic, lime juice, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper until pureed. Add the yogurt and blend until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the eggplant, bell pepper, onion and zucchini to the yogurt mixture and toss to coat. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Thread kebab sticks with the vegetables in the following order: eggplant, bell pepper, onion, zucchini. Each skewer should hold 4 pieces of each vegetable.
- Be sure to oil the grill and heat to medium low heat. Once hot, place kebabs on the girll and cook for 18 minutes, covered, turning every 5 or so minutes; until eggplant is tender.
- Remove to a platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Grill the pita for 30 seconds on each side and serve with the kebabs! Enjoy!