This delicious dessert is sure to be a summer hit. With fresh, ripe berries and a superb twist on the shortbread tart, this homey treat is a feast for the tastebuds!
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Egg Replacer
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1/2 Cup Fresh or Frozen Sweet Corn, thawed and drained if frozen
- 12 oz Blackberries, rinsed and drained
- 6 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using non-stick cooking spray, coat a 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg replacer and water until frothy.
- Fold the milk mixture into the dry mixture and combine until just moistened. Stir in melted butter until combined and then fold in the corn kernels.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the batter into each muffin tin and bake for 14 minutes. Transfer whole pan to a cooling rack nd cook for 10 minutes, then remove the tarlets and cool completely on wire rack.
- In a separate bowl toss the blackberries in the sugar and a pinch of salt. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla, and orange zest until creamy.
- Slice off the tops of the cornbread tartlets and discard or save for a later date. Top with a spoonful of the ricotta cream and a spoonful of blackberries.