This twist on classic stuffed peppers brings a sweet and slightly spicy bang to the party. It’s sure to be a hit!
Coconut-Mango Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 4 Large Bell Pepeprs, tops cut off and seeds removed
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Oil
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Cups Long-Grain White Rice, cooked
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 Cup Cashews, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Lime Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Mango, peeled, halved and trimmed away from the pit
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock
- Place the peppers in a slow cooker so they are standing upright.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the onion, rice, coconut, and cashews. Chop half of the mango and add it as well. In a small bowl, whisk together the cilantro, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over the the rice mixture and toss until everything is completely coated.
- Lightly pack the stuffing into the peppers, then pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of the slow cooker and cook on low for four hours or until the peppers are tender but holding their shape.
- Serve with the remaining mango as a garnish and enjoy!