Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, and with that comes a need to do something special for the one you love. Or perhaps you just want to do something special for yourself and have a nice, vegetarian treat. You’re in luck no matter the circumstances as Allrecipes.com has given us a fantastic recipe for a completely vegan cherry cheesecake. Delicious!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 (8 ounce) package firm silken tofu
- 1 (8 ounce) container nondairy cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 lemons, juiced
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Start by preheating the other to 350 degrees.
- Take a medium bowl and mix together the graham cracker crumbs and maple syrup. This will become your pie crust, so mold it into a 9-inch pie tin and then bake for 5 minutes.
- Using a blender, mix the tofu, cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, and confectioners’ sugar together. Put the cornstarch into the soy milk and let it dissolve, then add this to the blender to mix completely. Keep blending until everything has become smooth, then pour the mixture over the crust.
- Bake your cheesecake for 25 minutes at that 350 degrees, then reduce the heat to 325 degrees and continue baking another 15 minutes or until the cake looks set. Place on a wire or cooling rack and then put it into the fridge or freezer to cool for several hours.
- Carefully flip the solidified cake onto a plate, and then flip it again on the serving tray you’ll be using. Pour the cherry pie filling over the top and you’re ready to serve.