This smoky chile-onion dip is perfect for not just chips but any crisp vegetable such as cucumber, celery or carrots. It’s a quick and easy to make entertaining solution.
- 1/4 Cup Safflower Oil
- 3 Cups Onion, diced
- 3 Poblano Chiles, seeded and diced
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Seeds
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Sour Cream
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil then add the onion, chiles, coriander and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Saute and stir occasionally for 30 minutes or until the onions and chiles are tender and golden brown with caramelization.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, sour cream, cayenne, and lime juice until combined. Add the onion and chile mixture and stir until even mixed. Refrigerate for one hour then serve with an assortment of veggies and chips!