This delicious coffee drink can be made in the comfort of your own home without spending time stuck in a coffee shop or drive-thru line!
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks
- 4 Star Anise
- 4 Allspice Berries
- 4 Whole Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 Cups Dark Roast Coffee Beans
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Coffee Liqueur
- With a mortar and pestle lightly crush the cinnamon, star anise, allspice and cloves, then transfer to a resealable plastic bag and pound with a rolling pin.
- Pour the smash spices into a large saucepan, then add the sugar and water. Bring to a boil and simmer until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the coffee, remove from heat and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan and whisk until frothy.
- Strain the coffee, stir in the liqueur, and top with frothed milk.
- Serve and enjoy!