No dips and spreads needed to make these delicious delicacies perfect. They are tart and tangy; the perfect afternoon treat.
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 2-3 Teaspoons Cracked Pepper
- 8 oz Blue Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Walnuts or Pecans, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Egg Replacer + 1 Tablespoon Water, beaten till frothy
- Stir together the flour and black pepper with a fork in a small bowl, then blend in the blue cheese and butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Add the nuts and egg replacer mixture and blend until combined.
- Shape the mixture into a ball and knead until smooth, then divide in half and roll each half into a log. Wrap the logs tightly in plastic wrap then store in the fridge for about two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Cut each log into 1/4 inch thick slices and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then cool and serve.