Couscous is delicious and nutritious. This recipe has an Italian feel to it with the strong flavors of basil and feta cheese, as well as the quick and easy to make tomato sauce!
- 1 1/4 Cups Boiling Water
- 1 Cup Couscous
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt and Pepper
- 1 15 oz Can Cannellini Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 Cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts, toasted
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil, snipped
- 1 1/4 lbs. Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Basil, snipped
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic, minced
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- In a large saucepan combine the water, couscous, oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper, then cover and let sit for five minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork, then add in the beans, feta cheese, pine nuts and 2 tablespoons of basil.
- In a food processor, combine the tomatoes, 1/2 cup of basil, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Pulse until chunky and combined.
- Divide the couscous between four bowls, then top with the fresh tomato sauce, serve and enjoy!