The fluffy filling used in these sweet potatoes is sure to delight. Twice baked potatoes have a special texture and flavor to them that regular baked potatoes simply lack!
- 6 Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar, packed
- 3/4 Tablespoon Orange Zest
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Allspice
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400?F.
- Poke the potatoes a few times and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for about one hour or until just softened. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut each in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1/4 inch rim all the way around. Discard two of the potato shells and reserve the remaining four.
- Mash the flesh into a pulp and aside.
- In a small skillet melt the butter then add the onion and cook until softened; about 8 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar, orange zest, salt, cumin, cinnamon, pepper and allspice. Cook, stirring often, until the sugar is melted; about three minutes.
- Combine the onion mixture with the sweet potatoes and stir in the sour cream and cilantro.
- Scoop the sweet potato mixture back into the skin shells and place back in the oven on the baking sheet for 15-20 minutes.