These yummy sandwiches are easy to make and are a perfect dinner food that stays casual but classy. It’s sure to be a hit!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Egg Replacer
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Large Eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 5oz Goat Cheese
- 1 Cup Provolone Cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate Molasses
- Preheat the oven to 450?F and coat two large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the panko, salt and pepper. Whisk together the egg replacer and water in another bowl, and then add the flour to a third bowl.
- Take each slice of eggplant and dip in the flour, then dip in the egg replacer mixture and finally coat with panko. Place each slice onto the baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes then turn each slice and bake 12 minutes more. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet and add the onion and garlic, cook until tender then remove from heat and add the goat cheese, provolone cheese, basil and parsley.
- Spread the cheese onto 8 slices of eggplant and cover with remaining slices of eggplant. Return to baking sheets.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, then plate and drizzle with molasses.
- Serve and enjoy!