Quick and easy vegetarian pasta recipes are a staple in my household. This is a fairly flexible recipe as well, as you can add or substitute veggies at will. You can leave off the cheese if you’d like, making it both vegetarian and vegan. Make up a quick salad, break open a bottle of red, and enjoy a well-rounded, tasty meal.
- 1 (16 ounce) package of penne
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium/large red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 table spoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 table spoons crumbled feta cheese
- Boil large pot of lightly salted water. Cook pasta for 10 minutes; drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium – high heat. Add onions and cook until soft. Add red and yellow pepper, mushrooms, and tomatoes; cook until tender. Add garlic and spinach and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar to the vegetables. Stir. Add in penne and mix. Dish out onto plates, and add feta to each serving. Serve.