Traditionally this delicious soup is made with fish sauce! But with a little clever combination of soy sauce and golden mountain sauce the same taste can be simulated without the use of a fish based product.
- 4 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 pieces Lemongrass, crushed
- 1 Piece Ginger, peeled and sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Garlic
- 8 oz. Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Teaspoons Sriracha
- 1 Pound Broccoli, broken into florets
- 3/4 Pound Firm Tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cored and seeded then sliced into matchsticks
- 1 14oz. Can Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Golden Mountain Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat the chicken broth. Add the lemon grass and ginger and simmer until fragrant, about five minutes.
- Reduce heat just slightly to maintain a simmer and add the garlic, mushrooms and sriracha. Cover and cook for five minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, tofu and bell pepper and coconut milk. Simmer for five minutes or until tofu is heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice, soy sauce and golden mountain sauce. Serve and enjoy.