Bold, brave flavors are the mark of this dish made with bulgur and quinoa. Filled with nutritious ingredients and loaded with protein it’s sure to be a hit.
- 3 Eggplants, cubed
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt, divided
- 3/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 Cup Quick-cooking Bulgur
- 2/3 Cup Quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 Cup Fresh Mint, chopped
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Chickpeas, cooked
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450?F and coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Lay the eggplant cubes out on the baking sheet in a single layer, coat with cooking spray and sprinkle with a quarter teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil, toss lightly to coat and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, then turn the baking sheet, stir the eggplant and roast ten minutes more. Cool.
- Bring a large pot of well salted water to boiling, add the bulgur and cook for four minutes, then add the quinoa and cook for 12. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Cool and fluff with a fork.
- Mix the min and cilantro into the bulgur and quinoa, then add the eggplant and tomato.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the lemon juice, remaining olive oil, remaining salt and remaining pepper. Add the chickpeas and onion, marinate for 15 minutes then fold into the grain mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!