Brightly colored, full flavored and delicious, this salad is easy to make and can be thrown together in just minutes!
- 4oz Dried Rice Noodles
- 1/2 Cup Lime Juice
- 3 1/2 Tablespoon Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1 Thai or Jalapeno Chile, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Cups Purple Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Cups Carrot, shredded
- 1 1/2 Cups Cucumbers, cut into matchsticks
- 1 8oz Package Smoked Tofu, cut into matchsticks
- 1 Cup Fresh Mint, chopped
- 1 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Peanuts, chopped
- In a large bowl cover the noodles with boiling water and let stand for five minutes. Drain and rinse, then drain again and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and chile until the sugar is dissolved.
- Divide the noodles between four plates.
- In a large bowl toss together the cabbage, carrot, cucumbers, tofu, mint and cilantro, then evenly divide and set on top of the noodles. Pour the lime juice mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle with peanuts, serve and enjoy!