Roasted veggies are delicious; the browning is the natural sugars of the vegetables crystallizing and giving off a great flavor and crispy texture that makes this sandwich perfect!
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Zucchini, cut into diagonal 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, seeded and cored, cut into eighths
- 3 Onions, cut into eighths
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 8 Slices Whole Grain Bread
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Cups Arugula
- Preheat the oven to 375?F.
- In a small bowl stir together the cumin, coriander, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together the vegetables with the olive oil. Spread out on a baking sheet in a single layer and sprinkle with the seasoning mixtures.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until tender and golden brown; turn once or twice during cooking.
- Assemble the sandwiches by topping four bread slices with 1 cup vegetables, 2-3 tomato slices and 1/2 cup of arugula. Top with the remaining slices of bread and serve.