This recipe is full of big, meaty veggies such as eggplant that give it a hearty and filling taste. You can use eggs, as the recipe calls for, or 2 tablespoons of egg replacer mixed with 1 tablespoon of water to help thicken it up while cooking.
- 6 Cups Potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 15oz Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Pound Eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Basil
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- Add the potatoes to a pot and fill with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes or until fork tender then drain and mash together with the milk, butter, some salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, then stir in the tomato, eggplant, parsley, basil, garlic flakes and salt; season with the pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs, parmesan and eggs, spread the potato mixture over the top.
- In a large skillet heat the remaining oil and saute the zucchini and bell pepper for about 10 minutes or until tender. Spread over the top of the potatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!