Adding grilled components to salads is definitely a summer ‘must-do’ when grilling is at its height!
Grilled Panzanella Sandwich Recipe
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 14oz Italian Bread
- 1 Red Onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 Tomatoes, diced
- 1 Cucumber, sliced
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 1 Cup Basil Leaves, chopped
- Bring a grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Take the bread loaf and cut it in half crosswise, then lengthwise four times to make a total of eight slices. Brush with olive oil and grill for 2 minutes on each side; set aside. Brush onion with olive oil and grill for 5 minutes, then rotate and grill 5 minutes more.
- Chop the bread into 1 inch cubes and the onion into thin slices, then combine in a large bowl with the tomatoes, cucumber, garlic and basil. Drizzle with the dressing and chill for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!