This delicious soup is meant to be served cold which makes it a perfect treat for hot summer days.
- 3 Slices White Bread
- 2 Pounds Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, cored, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Cover the bread slices with water in a bowl and let stand for 15 minutes then drain and squeeze any extra water from the bread.
- In a food processor combine the tomatoes, bell pepper, 1 cup of cucumber, onion, garlic, 1/2 cup of water, the bread, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pulse until completely smooth.
- Transfer to a container and chill for one hour, then serve garnished with remaining cucumber.