This delicious dish brings together deliciously sweet plum tomatoes and brightly flavored broccoli in what some could consider to be a different kind of pizza!
- 4 Plum Tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 3 Cloves Garlic, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 4 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 Small Onion, sliced
- 4 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 12oz Package Pizza Dough
- 1/4 Cup Pesto
- 1/2 Cup Fontina Cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 450?F, line a baking sheet with foil and lay out the tomatoes in a single layer cut side up. Put two slices of garlic in each tomato half, sprinkle with oregano and roast for 30 minutes.
- In a baking dish toss together the broccoli, onion and oil, then roast for 20 minutes; cool for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 375?F.
- Roll the dough out into a 10 inch circle, transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread the pesto over the top, sprinkle with cheese, top with broccoli, onion and tomatoes. Fold over the edge to make a crust and bake for 40 minutes.