This adult drink is excellent for hot summer days. It takes a little bit of prep-work and chill time, but is well worth the delicious results!
- 3 Cups Rhubarb, chopped
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 20oz Frozen Strawberries, slightly thawed
- 1 1/2 Cups Vodka
- 12 oz Lemon-Lime Soda
- 2 Liters Lemon Lime Soda, chilled
- In a saucepan over mediumheat, combine the rhubarb and sugar and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes until the rhubarb is tender, then stir in the strawberries.
- Spoon half of the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a non-metal container and repeat with remaining mixtures, then stir in the vodka and 12oz of soda. Freeze for 8 hours, scraping every hour with a fork to break up any big chunks of ice.
- In a tall glass stir together 1/2 cup frozen slushy mix with 1/2 cup chilled soda.
- Serve and enjoy!