This is a new and different way of cooking artichokes that is gaining popularity. It uses artichoke hearts which can be purchased canned or frozen, making it a snap to pull together in minutes!
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1 14oz Can Artichoke Hearts, drained and halved
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Sherry
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dredge the artichoke hearts through the flour.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil, add the artichokes and cook for about 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Remove the oil and wipe the skillet clean. Add the butter and melt over medium heat; pour in the lemon juice. Return artichoke hearts, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and pour in sherry. Stir well and often. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove artichoke hearts and bring the sauce to a boil; cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the artichoke hearts, season with salt, pepper and parsley then serve and enjoy!