Sweet with delicious spices, this applesauce recipe is ready in minutes. Enjoy it warm or store it in the fridge for a cooler treat!
- 1 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 5 Braeburn or Fuji Apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of Ground Cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- In a large skillet over medium -high heat, heat the oil, then add the apples and saute for two minutes.
- Add in the cinnamon and cloves, then reduce the heat, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes; add a little water if necessary.
- Uncover and cook for 10 minutes or until thickened, stir in the sugar; stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the lemon juice, remove from heat and cool.