This delicious pilaf recipe has a surprising crunch in the form of smooth cashews. Use unsalted cashew halves for the best results.
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 2 oz Spaghetti, broken
- 1/4 Cup Onion, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 Cups Jasmine Rice
- 2 1/4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Pound Asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 Cup Cashew Halves
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter then add the spaghetti and cook until lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- Add in the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, then add the jasmine rice and cook 5 minutes more. Stir in the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until tender and liquid is absorbed.
- In a large saucepan bring water to a boil, add the asparagus and cook for 5-10 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain and set aside.
- Gently toss the pilaf mixture then stir in the asparagus and cashews. Serve and enjoy!