Flavored with sage and thyme, this asparagus recipe is creamy and delicious. It’s sure to make an excellent addition to any spring time dinner table.
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Pound Asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1/4 Sage
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter then add the asparagus and cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and toss until coated.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the milk, vegetable broth and water then pour into the sauce pan. Stir in the cheese, thyme, sage and salt to taste.
- Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve and enjoy!