Whether you grow your own vegetables or buy them seasonally, this excellent recipe makes use of rich spinach and bright, sun-dried tomatoes.
- 1/4 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 5 Cups Boiling Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Polenta
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 8 oz Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Cups Baby Spinach
- Snip the tomatoes into small chunks.
- In a 4 quart slow cooker combine the tomatoes, boiling water, polenta, parmesan, salt, basil and red pepper. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on for 1 1/2 hours or on low for 3 hours, until polenta is tender.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and add mushrooms. Cook for five minutes or until tender then add the spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Stir the mixture into the polenta and then spoon into bowls.
- Serve and Enjoy.