While most salads are served cold, this salad is served with warmed grains and warm tofu which makes it an excellent midday option on cooler days when you still want to eat healthy but want something warm!
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Millet, rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic, minced
- 2 Teaspoons Rosemary
- Pinch Black Pepper
- 4 4oz Tofu “Steaks”
- 6oz Baby Spinach, rinsed
- 1 Pear, cored and diced
- 1/4 Cup Scallions, thinly sliced
- 2oz Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 6 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons Grainy Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme
- In a small saucepan combine the quinoa and millet with two cups of water and bring to a boil. Stir once, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer; cook for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and grains are cooked. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler of your oven to high and arrange the tofu steaks on a broiler pan.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, rosemary and pepper. Spread it over the tofu steaks.
- Broil the tofu steaks for about 6 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through. Transfer to a cutting board, cool slightly then slice into thin strips.
- In a blender or food processor combine the vinegar, raspberries, mustard, maple syrup and thyme leaves. Pulse until smooth and combined.
- In a large bowl combine the grains, spinach and dressing. Toss until spinach is lightly wilted and everything is well coated with the dressing. Fold in the pear and scallions, then divide between four plates. Top with tofu and a sprinkling of the blue cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!