This noodle dish is filling and a bit on the spicy side. Adjust the curry paste to your preferences.
Veggie Tofu Curry Laksa Recipe
- 6oz Pad Thai Noodles
- 1 Teaspoon Sunflower Oil
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 6oz Firm Tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 Cups Napa Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Frozen Baby Corn, thawed and halved
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger, grated
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 3/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- Bring a kettle of water to boiling and pour over the noodles in a large bowl. Soak the noodles for two minutes or until tender, then drain and divide between 6 bowls.
- In a wok or large saucepan over medium high heat, heat the oil and add the shallots; cook until softened and lightly golden. Add the tofu, pepper, cabbage, corn, curry paste, ginger and turmeric then cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the broth and coconut milk and bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium and simmer for about five minutes.
- Ladle the soup mixture over the noodles and garnish with cilantro, bean sprouts, lime wedges or unsalted nuts.
- Serve and enjoy!