This ritzy classic takes a vegetarian twist with this recipe. Try it for lunch today!
Vegetarian Waldorf Salad Recipe
- 2/3 Cup Apple Cider
- 2/3 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Gala Apples, chopped
- 2 Cups Bosc Pears, chopped
- 1 Cup Seedless Grapes, halved
- 1/2 Cup Celery, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Golden Raisins
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, coarsely chopped
- 6 Boston or Bibb Lettuce Leaves
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat bring the apple cider to a boil and reduce to about 3 tablespoons. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- In a small bowl combine the apple cider reduction, yogurt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl combine the apples, pears, grapes, celery, raisins and pecans. Pour in the yogurt mixture and toss until everything is well coated.
- Serve with one lettuce leave in the center of a plate and a portion of the salad placed on top of each leaf.