Tired of looking for vegan cookie recipes to enjoy with your kids? This recipe is perfect and can even be rolled out and decorated!
- 2 3/4 Cups Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Egg Replacer
- 1 Cup Vegan Margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 Cups + 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons + 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Soy Milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- Preheat the oven to 325F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the flour and baking powder. In a smaller bowl whisk together the egg replacer and 2 Tablespoons of water.
- Cream together the margarine, vanilla and regular sugar until fluffy, then add the egg replacer and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until a soft dough forms.
- Divide the dough into two balls and roll them out till they’re 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface; using cookie cutters cut into desired shapes. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes then remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet and completely on a wire rack.
- For the icing beat together the powdered sugar, soy milk and peppermint extract until smooth.
- Spread on cookies and decorate as desired.